Tuesday, March 18, 2008

~ Enemy of Creativity ~

How many hours have I wasted,
in a glass and plastic box?
My mind, doing time, in a prison
devoid of any locks.
How many hours spent sitting,
on a now numb rooted ass?
How many stories of fictional lives,
have I watched as time ticked past?
Countless murders, sitcoms and news,
with dot matrixes fogging my brain.
I am not the zombie I appeared to be,
yet sometimes, even I couldn't refrain.
Brainwashed by images and words;
an umbilical cord, the remote.
But then my favorite show would come on,
so that would be all I wrote.
Nevermore! the poet in me cried,
and began to write in haste.
I shut the T.V. off for good,
no more precious time to waste!
For time is all we're given, friends,
Spend it how you choose.
But while you watch, your life is passing,
each minute, one you forever lose.

~ C.L.R. ~ © 2003

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home