Tuesday, March 18, 2008

~ The Farthest Shore ~

If I could reach the Farthest Shore,

and sail the infinite seas of Forever,

I'd close my memory on Death's cold door,

and put heart and soul into every endeavor.

If I could stop these tears that fall,

escape this torturous, self-imposed cage,

I'd gather each one, and save them all,

to drown the pain with an unfeeling rage.

Always striving for the light through the veil,

always reaching for what I can't have.

And this human condition almost assures that I'll fail,

while hope acts as a sedative salve.

Where is the angel to grant me cold solace?

Where now, is the armored, white knight?

Where is the one who can answer all this?

Can anyone make the wrongs right?

I ask, and yet, they always run.

Afraid of a woman like me.

Scared of my honesty, accepted by none.

Yet, I know not what else I can be....

~ C.L.R. ~ © 2006

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home