Tuesday, March 18, 2008

~ Novacaine ~

If all is grey,

then name me ghost.

We hurt the ones we love

the most.

And in the shadows' mist

be seeming,

all that was,

is worth redeeming.

Winds of change

will ever shift,

so formless,

in the fog I drift.

The tears have dried

and in their place,

exists a hollow,

empty space.

All I wanted was love,

and chased my dream,

till dreaming died

in a silent scream.

And though this timid heart

be torn,

to follow it,

I'm damned and sworn.

Ever doomed

to seek the Dance,

yet never having

half a chance.

But all be numb

and fade away,

for feeling, emotion,

died this day.

Only hope will get me by,

and novacaine

be just a lie.

Peace, oh frightened heart

within,

just bring my true love

back again.

For only answers

cloaked in time,

will quench the fire

and quell the rhyme.

To this, I have

no answers yet.

I only want one thing:

to keep my Ka-tet....

~ C.L.R. ~ © 2003

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home